Never miss a creative opportunity. Imagine how impressive your potholders will look with a few key embellishments. There's no end to the possibilities when you take inspiration from the Sizzix Quilting & Appliqué collection.
|(7) 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"||Assorted prints||Cut (7) Hexagons|
|1/3 yd||Lime green print||Cut (2) 10" Squares|
Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Rectangle
|11" x 11"||Heat-resistant batting|
|1/3 yd||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 9 1/4" x 9 1/4"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 10" Square for the front of the potholder and one for the back. Set back aside for now.
- Arrange the Hexagons in a pleasing manner on the front of the potholder. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.
- To make the potholder hanger, fold the 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Rectangle in half lengthwise and press. Fold raw edges into the center fold and press. Stitch on both sides.
- Layer the batting, potholder top and back, right sides together. Pin the potholder hanger to the inside of one corner. Pin and sew with 5/8" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 2 1/2" long.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, smoothing all the corners and sides and whipstitch closed.
- Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.