Chevron Quilt #2
It's timeless as it is treasured. Whether you're into pale fabrics or shabby chic ... muted or bold ... this pattern is easy to put together and looks amazing from any angle.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|3/4 yd||Red prints||Cut (60) Chevrons|
|3/4 yd||Yellow prints||Cut (60) Chevrons|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 yd||Backing fabric|
|30" x 46"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 24" x 40"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Be mindful of directional prints.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange Chevrons in a pleasing manner in horizontal rows, 12 across by 10 down.
- Sew 10 Chevrons together to form a vertical row. Repeat to form 11 more rows.
- Sew the 12 rows together to form the quilt top.
- Square off the quilt top by trimming away excess points at the top and bottom of the quilt.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.