English Flower Garden Hexagon Pillow
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1 1/4" Sides
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1" Sides #2
|Fat 1/4||Pink print||Cut (33) Hexagons with 1" sides|
|Fat 1/4||Green print||Cut (32) Hexagons with 1" sides|
|Fat 1/4||Purple print||Cut (29) Hexagons with 1" sides|
|Fat 1/4||Yellow print||Cut (36) Hexagons with 1" sides|
|Fat 1/4||Blue print||Cut (37) Hexagons with 1" sides|
|Fat 1/4||Orange print||Cut (28) Hexagons with 1" sides|
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 17" Square|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
|195||Cardstock Hexagons with 3/4" sides|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- English paper-piecing basic instructions: With the wrong side of a 1" fabric Hexagon facing up, place a 3/4" cardstock Hexagon inside, centering the cardstock. Turn the 1/4" of fabric around the outside edge over the cardstock and tack in place at each corner. Whipstitch the finished Hexagons together with the cardstock left inside.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Project:
- Using the English paper-piecing method above, prepare all 195 fabric Hexagons.
- Using the project image as a guide, start in the center. Work from the wrong side of the Hexagons and use a whipstitch to sew them together. You will have to bend the cardstock to make it easier to sew.
- Continue adding Hexagons, leaving the cardstock in place.
- Carefully remove all the cardstock from the Hexagons.
- Square off the pillow top by trimming away excess.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess print in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.