Triangles on Parade Placemat
So many colors, so many combinations! Take on this terrific task of triangles and watch your creativity take shape.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|Fat 1/4||Teal prints||Cut (54) Half-Square Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Cream solid||Cut (54) Half-Square Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric|
|16" x 22"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 12" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Project:
- Sew a pair of teal print and cream Half-Square Triangles, right sides together, along the diagonal seam to form a square. Press towards the darker color. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles are sewn together to form squares.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, arrange the squares in rows, 9 across by 6 down. Press. Be sure the teal prints are placed in the same corner in all blocks.
- Sew the squares the together to form rows.
- Sew the rows together. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and placemat top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.