Stand out in style! Colors come alive in this eye-catching pattern that's sure to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1 1/2 yd||Yellow print||Cut (120) Rectangles|
|1 1/2 yd||Blue print||Cut (120) Rectangles|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|44" x 56"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 40" x 48"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Place a pair of yellow and blue Rectangles, right sides together and sew to form a square. Press the seam towards the darker color. Repeat until all Rectangles are sewn together to form square blocks.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, arrange the blocks, 10 across by 12 down.
- Sew 11 blocks together to form a row. Half of the rows will start with a horizontal block, blue on the bottom, alternating with a vertical block, blue Rectangle on the left. The rest of the rows will start with one vertical block, blue on the right, alternating with a horizontal block, blue Rectangle on the top.
- Sew the 12 rows together to form the quilt top. Make sure the rows are in the correct order and are not turned upside-down. It is easiest to do this by laying out all the rows on a design wall or the floor, then carefully picking up the rows and sewing them together. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.