Fresh Cantaloupe Quilt
Dig in to this delicious fruit-themed fabric project. The Fresh Cantaloupe Quilt is sure to fill you with yummy project ideas that you can create for all the fruit lovers in your life.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|Fat 1/4||Orange print||Cut (36) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Light orange print||Cut (36) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Green print||Cut (36) Triangles|
|Fat 1/4||Light green print||Cut (36) Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|30" x 30"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 24" x 24"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange the Triangles as shown in photo above.
- Sew a pair of green Triangles together. Sew a pair of orange Triangles together. Sew those pairs together matching the center seams, as seen in Diagram 1. Press. Repeat to form 17 more blocks.
- Sew a pair of light green Triangles together. Sew a pair of light orange Triangles together. Sew those pairs together matching the center seams, as seen in Diagram 2. Press. Repeat to form 17 more blocks.
- See photo for placement. Sew blocks together, 6 rows across by 6 down, to form the quilt top. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure 1
- Figure 2