Color Pops Quilt
Stand out in style! Colors come alive in this eye-catching pattern that's sure to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|Fat 1/4||Gold print||Cut (8) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|Fat 1/4||Bright pink print||Cut (8) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|Fat 1/4||Pink polka-dot print||Cut (9) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|Fat 1/4||Bright floral print||Cut (14) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|Fat 1/4||Red print||Cut (11) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|Fat 1/4||Yellow print||Cut (6) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|Fat 1/4||Green polka-dot print||Cut (12) 3" x 5 1/2" Rectangles|
|1 yd||White-on-white print||Cut (68) 3" Squares|
Cut (7) 3" wide Strips for sashing
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|45" x 54"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 42 1/2" x 47 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Quilt:
- Pair one white-on-white Square with a colored Rectangles and sew to form a Square with Rectangle unit. Press the seam towards the darker color. Repeat until all white-on-white Square with a colored Rectangles are sewn together to form square units.
- Using the quilt photograph as a guide, arrange the Square with Rectangle units together in vertical rows of 17 down by 4 across. alternating the position of the Square on every other horizontal row.
- Sew 17 units together to form a vertical row. Repeat to form 3 more rows.
- Measure the length of each vertical row and find the average length between the four. Use this measurement to cut the length of the five sashing rows. Sew the vertical sashing rows in place. Press.
- Measure from the left side to the right side of the quilt top. Use this measurement to cut the top and bottom sashing lengths. Sew in place. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.