Butterfly Canvas Wall Hanging
For a meaningful expression, look no further than Tim Holtz. This Tim-inspired project is sure to help spread your creative wings, while celebrating life's journey.
Other Supplies: Cardstock, Acrylic Paints, Brads, Corrugated Cardboard, Ink Pads-Ranger Inks, Metallic Paint Pen, Music Paper, Paper Clip, Pop-Dots, Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Twine, Water Mister, Wire
- To create background for Patchwork Texture Fades, apply several colors of ink pads to a non-porous surface. Mist area with water. Place paper face down into watercolor inks. Allow to dry.
- Apply Texture Fades to paper. Take a darker ink pad and run it over the top of the Fade.& Adhere to a mat cut slightly larger than the Fade.
- Cut a piece of cardboard into a rectangle. Peel back some of the outside paper to reveal corrugation.& Apply vintage ink to cardboard.& Adhere Texture Fades to cardboard. Tie ribbon around cardboard.
- Apply a different Texture Fades to paper. Embellish with vintage ink. Trim to fit area next to original Fade and adhere in place.
- Die-cut butterfly from mat board. Die-cut inner wings from ink-colored music paper. Assemble and adhere to Fade. Embellish with curled wire. Lightly embellish butterfly with ink dauber and metallic paint pen.
- Die-cut Hanging Sign from mat board. Attach to hanging with brads. Cut rectangle from cardstock to fit inside sign.& Stamp sentiment inside and attach to sign with pop-dots.& Embellish with vintage ink.
- Die-cut keys from double-sided silver paper.& Apply Texture Fades to one or both keys. Use acrylic paint to add aging to keys. Use string to attach keys together. Clip onto wall hanging with metal clip.
- Punch two small holes at top of corrugated base. Add wire into holes, using a pencil to create loops.