Anna here, sharing some mixed media fun with our gorgeous Sizzix Making Essential - Opaque Embossing Powder and Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool - Dual Speed! It's a very very easy background. Perfect for the beginners. I Used also some dies set to make the handmade embellishments. Let's start... Scrapbook layout - Mixed Media with the embossing powder.
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) (662220)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Insects (663423)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Winter Leaves (663425)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix Clear Stamps - Winter Phrases (663614)
- Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed (663386)
- Sizzix Accessory - Embossing Powders, 3PK (Silver, Gold, Clear) (663057)
- Sizzix Accessory - Embossing Ink Pad (Clear) (663012)
- patterned paper
- watercolor cardstock
- spray ink + acetate sheet
- sewing machine
- enamel dots
- scrapbook ephemera
Today I am sharing a really delicate and soft approach to mixed media to create a fresh scrapbook layout.
I decided to try to mix my favourite faux watercolour technique with the hot embossing. I prepared a step by step tutorial how I was working with these media. I had so much fun! Let's start…
I embossed some leaves stamped images with white embossing powder and heat tool from Sizzix.
I've used the spray ink with lots of splatters, as well as the wet-on-wet technique to create that pretty base (watercolor ink effect). I've softened the color intensity with lots of water. I used a watercolor paper for the best result because I used a lot of water with this technique.
This step-by-step tutorial will shows you how to make your scrapbook page using also the Sizzix dies.