Articles by tag "Sizzix"
Items 21-30 of 143
- I use all my Big Shot Machine accessories in my Big Shot Plus Machine. Will this affect the rollers/pressure of the machine? With the exception of the Precision Base Plate, all the accessories for the Big Shot Machine work in the Big Shot Plus Machine.
- My die is cutting where it should be folding/creasing. What can I do? When using dies with a crease rule, replace one of the Cutting Pads with a Premium Crease Pad. Crease Pads are compatible with Bigz, Movers & Shapers, Originals and ScoreBoards dies.
- What is the thickest material you can cut with Bigz and Originals dies? As a rule, anything that can be cut with a pair of scissors can be cut by Sizzix Bigz and Originals dies. You can find the exact materials using our material compatibility table.
- Is there a maximum paper weight (GSM) for cutting with wafer-thin Thinlits or Framelits dies? Approximately 66lb cardstock (300GSM) is the maximum recommended paper weight for wafer-thin dies depending on design and intricacy of the die. Thicker cardstock could result in damage to the die or the machine due to pressure.
- What is the thickest metal that can be embossed? The following gauges work best with our DecoEmboss dies: Copper and brass: 28G Alkemè and aluminum: 25G Nickel: 30G Alloy: It depends on what it is in the alloy. For example, if the alloy has a high percentage of nickel, then approximately 30G would work, but if it is high in aluminum, then 25G would work.
- Can I use my machine to decorate food? I have been told you can cut very thin icing with Bigz dies. Sizzix products are not designed for use with food of any kind.
- Are any Sizzix products recyclable? Here at Sizzix we are working hard to ensure our products/packaging are recyclable and sustainable.
- Are any products made with common allergens like latex? No, none of our products are made with these materials.
- How do I find a Sizzix Stockist? You can find a Sizzix stockist near you using our store locator.
- How do I use other brands with Sizzix products? Here at Sizzix® we have a wide range of universal dies and die-cutting systems. However, we can't advise on the use of competitor dies in our machines. If you wish to use other brands in any of the Sizzix systems we would advise checking on the manufacturer's website for instructions.