Articles by tag "Sizzix"
Items 11-20 of 143
- My cutting plates are marking and bending when I use them, is this normal? Cutting plates are consumable items which means eventually they will need replacing. It’s completely normal for your cutting pads to become marked. Check out these videos to help you care for your cutting plates and expand their lifespan!
- What is a shim? A shim is another term for what is usually an additional sheet of cardstock. With varying die complexities shims can add extra pressure or act as a wedge to enable a cleaner die-cut through your materials.
- What is the difference between cutting pads and plates? Simple, there is no difference! Cutting pads and cutting plates are the same product.
- Will other brand products work in the Big Shot? Sizzix can't advise on competitor products, instead please contact the manufacturer of the product (die/ accessory, etc) for further feedback.
- Why can't the Precision Base Plate be used with the Big Shot Foldaway or Sizzix Plus Machine? As we develop new machines we look to enhance the pressure to accommodate the performance required for more intricate designs. As a result, the Big Shot Foldaway has adequate ... Read More
- How do I know what size a die-cut shape will be? The dimensions for die-cut shapes are listed on the product packaging and on the website product listing under "Design Dimensions."
- My Cutting Pads keep bending. Is there a way to flatten my Cutting Pads if they warp? To extend the life of your Cutting Pads, make sure you flip the pads with each use to ensure even wear and tear. Also, be sure to use the entire surface of the pad instead of placing your dies in the same spot with each use.
- My Cutting Pads are marked and are now marking my design. What can I do? Extensive wear and tear can render Cutting Pads unusable. You can purchase replacement Cutting Pads from the Sizzix website.
- My Thinlits/Framelits/chemically etched die is curved and is not cutting properly. What can I do? This may be the result of an overused die/general wear and tear or using an incorrect sandwich option applying too much pressure causing the warping. We recommend watching our how to use die videos for complete guide on how to use our dies.
- My card/paper sticks in the die. What should I do? Make sure to periodically clean Bigz or Originals dies with the Die Pick. Thinlits and Framelits can be cleaned with the Read More