Frightful Spider Web Card
Frightful spider webs card inspiration for Halloween.
Other Supplies: Embossing Powder (Clear), Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Assorted Colors), Stamp (Sentiment – Halloween Themed), Water Spritzer
- Cut a panel of black cardstock to a desired size for a card base. Fold in half to create card base. Cut a panel of white cardstock to a desired size for the card front.
- On the cut white panel, create a Halloween-themed inked background using various shades of Distress Ink and the Blending Tool. Gently spritz the background with water to create a mottled effect and set the panel aside to dry. Once dry, adhere the inked background to the card front as desired with liquid adhesive.
- Stamp a large Halloween-inspired sentiment onto a piece of ivory cardstock. Trim around the sentiment to a desired size and then apply a desired shade of Distress Ink to the edges of the sentiment. Adhere the sentiment to the bottom third of the card front with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock a spider and web from the Spider Web die set. Apply embossing ink to the two die cut elements, apply a layer of clear embossing powder to the elements and heat set the powder with the Heat Tool. Repeat the same process again for a second layer of embossing powder on top of each die cut element.
- Arrange and adhere the spider web and the spider to the card front as desired with liquid adhesive.