Trick or Treater Card
Do you have a friend who celebrates their birthday over the Halloween season? This card make is a perfect one to keep you busy in the fall season.
Other Supplies: Ranger Distress Ink Pads (Chipped Sapphire, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge), Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Stock (8" x 8", Classic), Craft Mat, Gilding Wax (Bronze), Water Spritzer
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors chosen elements from the Trick or Treater die set. This project highlights the pirate costume, but vampire and wizard elements are also options to dress up the trick or treater.
- Assemble and adhere necessary layering die cut elements together with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a panel of white cardstock 4 1/2" x 3". To create a colorful background, select ink colors that will blend nicely with the cardstock colors selected for the die cut elements. On a craft mat, apply one of the inks directly to the mat, spray the inked area with water and dab the white cardstock into the ink. The paper will take on the ink where desired. Set the cardstock aside to dry. Repeat this process with each selected color of ink until a desired effect is achieved.
- Cut a panel of black cardstock slightly larger than the inked panel. Center and adhere the inked panel on top of the black panel with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 9" panel in a desired cardstock color. Fold in half to create a card base.
- Cut a large rectangle panel of another cardstock color sized to fit at an angle on the card front. Angle this panel on the card front and adhere it down with liquid adhesive.
- Angle the stacked inked panel in the opposite direction as the panel in Step 6 and adhere it to the card front with foam tape.
- Adhere the assembled trick or treater to the inked panel with foam tape. Adhere any additional decorative elements to the card front as desired with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock a desired phrase from the Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower die set. Adhere the letters to a piece of black cardstock. Trim the cardstock down around the sentiment. Apply bronze gilding wax the sentiment, by first dipping a finger into gilding wax and taking off the excess wax on a piece of scrap paper. Then lightly rub the wax over the cardstock and raised letter elements until a desired effect is achieved.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card front where desired with liquid adhesive.