Welcoming Spring With Colours
Happy Tuesday, friends!
Hope you all are doing great !
This is Jasleen, and today I’ll be sharing a set of three colourful cards . Spring has arrived in most parts of the world and when I think 'Spring' , what comes into my mind first is the vibrant and cheerful colours all around. In India, we have a big festival that falls in this season and it actually marks the arrival of spring here. This festival is known as ‘Holi’ and it’s just a couple of days away. Basically, ‘Holi’ is a festival of colours, where people celebrate by splashing and smearing their near and dear ones with coloured powders and coloured water. Fun, isn’t it? ;)
It is one of the most popular festivals of my country enjoyed and celebrated by young and old alike. The idea is just to connect with family and friends and have fun.
And in my today’s post, I’m sharing a set of three Holi/Spring-themed colourful cards, made using Sizzix Thinlits die from the set ‘Scribbles and splat’ and Thinlits die set ‘Birthday numbers’. Although this ‘scribbles and splat’ die-set may be intended to be used in mixed media creations, I couldn’t resist using the splatter die to make three clean and simple cards. Oh boy, are they versatile !!
It’s a long post, so grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy. :)
Supplies from sizzix.co.uk:-
660020- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine (white and gray)
660222- Sizzix Thinlits ‘Scribbles & Splat’ by Tim Holtz- 4 pk
661163-Sizzix Thinlits ‘Birthday Numbers’ by Emily Atherton- 11 pk
Other Supplies :-
Card stock- Neenah white-classic crest
Pattern paper-Kaisercraft base coat
Tim Holtz Distress inks
Here’s how it was made:-
- Smoosh some distress inks over a few water colour paper pieces
- Run them through the big shot with the 'splat' die to get some colourful splat die cuts.
- –Adhere them as shown in the pic '3'
- –Run the adhered die cuts alongwith 'today' die through the Big Shot to get a negative of 'today' through the splats.
- Mount this over a white card base , splatter some blue ink around and finish off the card with some sequins.
Here’s how it was made :-
- , 2. and 3. - Run a piece of 4 by 5 inches pattern paper through the big shot three times using the 'splat' die at three different positions as shown.
4. Place the die cut panel over the card base and lighly mark the exposed areas using a pencil.
5. Sponge the marked area using distress inks, so that some light colours peek through when the die cut panel is placed over it.
6. Mount the panel over the base, adhere some colourful sequins and finish off by mounting the heat embossed sentiment strip.
Here’s how it was made:-
- and 2. –Die cut several 'Today's from a while card stock
3. and 4. Adhere them over the card base as shown in the pictures above.
5. Die cut a couple of 'splats' and sponge them with distress inks.
6. Mount them over the card base along with the heat embossed 'Let's chill'.
That’s all from my side today. I hope my cards inspire you to make something of your own. Would love to hear your views.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Holi to all those who celebrate ! :)