We Wish You A Merry Christmas Layout | Video
This is such a super fun and wonderful project for kids and for beginners. I'm not an expert at Mixed Media or Art Journals or any sort of thing like that but I love how people turn a simple paper in to a beautiful masterpiece! So I just wanted to give it a try and see how things go! :)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray) Item #660850
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Woodlands Item #660978
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Townhouse Set Item #661378
- Heavy weight white card stock, 8x8
- A packaging sheet for ink smooshing
- Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed
- White Paint and a brush
- Perfect Pearls
- White Glue
- Glitter - Star Dust Stickles
- A Christmas Stamp and Archival Jet Black Ink
I took 8x8 heavy white card stock and ink smooshed the background with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. To add more depth to the background I smooshed again with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I already pre diecut the images (by running the Woodlands and Townhouse thinlits through the Big Shot Express Machine) from the same heavy white card stock and water colored them using the smooshing technique with distress inks (mentioned above). I felt the background was too bright for my trees so I muted it down a little by applying white paint. And also smoosed Peacock Feathers for the sky!
And for the snow banks, I ripped off the white card stock and adhered it in many layers with white glue. I love how this scene turned out!
I tapped the mixture of white paint and perfect pearls for snow fall and for extra little touch I added stickles everywhere. Finally stamped the sentiment with Archival Jet Black Ink.
In the above picture you can see the snow! Brr-rrrrrr!! :D
I have a video for you and I shared the entire process of making this layout.
I hope you liked it. Thanks for stopping by. See you again! :)