Video - Inlaid Die-Cutting With Sizzix Thinlits Olivia Die Set Pack
Hello everyone! This is Deepti and today I'm going to share a card made using a technique called 'Inlaid Die-cutting'. This is one of the most fun and enjoyable projects! Look at all those colorful and beautiful pieces inside the die-cuts!! They just look like one image/sheet of paper but there is so much going on in this card!!
The Sizzix.co.uk products I used for my project are
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray) Item #660020
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Olivia Item #661167
The other products I used are
- Black, Gold and Pearlascent card stocks
- Golden Washi Tape
- Gold Paint
- Hero Arts Stamp
- Versamark Ink
- Ranger Embossing Powder and a
- Heat it tool
I'm in love with the gold and black color combo lately! Who doesn't love gold? ;) Here is a little procedure about this card
- Take a piece of black card stock and place the leaves dies form Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Olivia and run it through the Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine and die-cut die-cut the whole background.
- Next, take different colored card stocks and place the same leaves dies from Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Olivia and run it several times through the Big Shot Plus Machine.
- We need all the intricate pieces that is inside the die-cut, so what you gonna do is - after die-cutting, turn the die upside down, take a piece of painters tape, rub it against your hand (this will remove a little tackiness, so that your paper doesn't tear while peeling off the die) and place it on to the paper and remove the die! Voila! the die-cut and pieces gets adhered to the painters tape. This is the easiest way to collect all the intricate pieces from the die (You can watch this in the video below)
- Next, Adhere all the pieces with some double sided tape adhesive and burnish them with a bone folder. They just look like one piece/sheet of paper but they are not! That's the beauty of 'Inlaid Die-cutting'.
- Stamp the sentiment on to some gold card stock and heat set it with Gold Embossing Powder. Gold on gold! Wow! great tone on tone effect!! Adhere the sentiment panel on to the inlaid die-cut panel with foam tape.
- Take a black card stock and this will be the main panel. Adhere two strips of golden washi tape along the edges and adhere the die-cut panel and finish the card off :)
I have also made a card processing video (without voice over) you can watch it here by clicking the image!
And that's it! I hope you enjoyed watching my video and I hope you find it helpful! See you next Thursday! Until then, Happy Paper Crafting!! :)