Craft Gift Tag! You’re it!
I love the fun of assembling boxes and when they’re easy to put together, even better! With the Sizzix Craft Gift Tag, Box Bigz Die, the possibilities are endless! Entertaining is one of my favorite pastimes and I immediately thought of how I’d incorporate this into my next soirée - so I wrote this blog: Craft Gift Tag! You’re it!
As part of the table setting during the holidays or beautifully embossed as a party favor at a shower or birthday party? Either way, it adds the perfect touch. Hand write a name banner to the front and fill box with some sweets, it could be a place card and favor all in 1! Better yet, make multiple tags to fill up the box! Tags are always great to have on hand and they’ll absolutely love them!
What you will need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (670200)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Box, Gift Tag (665346)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Adhesive Sheets, 6” x 6”, Permanent, 10 Sheets (656802)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4” x 11 5/8”, 20 Assorted Colors, 80 sheets (663007)
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4” x 11 5/8”, 10 Festive Colors, 60 sheets (663783)
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 6” Mixed Media Board, White and Gray, 10PK (663891)
- Sizzix Making Tool - Scissors, Large (664819)
- Sizzix Surfacez - Patterned Paper, Color Story, 80 Sheets (665275)
Additional supplies used:
- Sizzix Effectz - Luster Wax, Gold, 20ml (664809)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Flower Stamens, Metallic, Assorted Sizes, 400PK (664616)
How to make:
- Trim desired cardstock color sized to fit 2 tags. Remove the adhesive sheet backing and add to trimmed cardstock. Trim off excess. Trim same size of media board. Remove adhesive backing from cardstock and adhere to media board.
2. Die-cut out of cardstock covered media board 2 tags, out of patterned paper 1 side piece and 1 tree embellishment, out of contrast solid cardstock color 1 additional tree embellishment.
3. Fold die cut box base and sides down the center lengthwise. Fold in 6 side tabs. While folded, laying horizontally, tabs up, fold right section down at an angle along diagonal score line. Fold same piece in opposite direction. Repeat with left side section. Fold remaining scorelines, both sides up, creating walls and base. (“U” shape)
4. Adhere the various die-cut embellished elements to the mat board tags with Express Glue.
5. With Express Glue, apply to 3 tabs (2 side tabs and 1 base tab). Adhere bottom of embellished tag along bottom base, tabs inside. Adhere side tabs to inside. Allow to dry. Repeat with other side tag on other side. Once dry pinch in sides with crease line folded inwards.
5. Tie closed with ribbon.
Love the box, but want to use it all year long? No problem! Cut all but the tree embellishment. Before assembling, emboss the tags and add a little lustre wax. Once assembled, embellish with flower stamens. Voilà!
Thank you for reading this blog Tag You're It!, we hope you feel inspired for your crafting! Remember to tag us in your makes using the hashtag #mymakingstory.