you will need
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (660200)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 12PK - Everyday Sentiments (664122)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 15PK - Flower Set (663459)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Floral Wreath (663377)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles (657551)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 8PK - Concentric Circles (662543)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Heartfelt (660233)
- Sizzix Making Essentials - Cardstock Sheets (663007)
- Mirror card
I LOVE THESE DIES!!! there, I shouted it in italicised block capitals! such a cute contemporary style, such delicate cuts...wow! not only do you get the sentiments but you get the shadow dies too making this a very versatile little set
These dies would work perfectly well by themselves, they don't need any help from any other die sets but when I have such gorgeous new sets to work with I couldn't resist.
I don't even think I need to describe the steps here except to say that the heart comes from the Heartfelt die. Simple, bold shapes topped off with a smattering of adhesive gems!
Grey and mustard is a wonderful colour combo, throw in a little black for impact and a smattering of adhesive pearls and you get one classy card!
This time We are using both the die and its accompanying shadow whilst roping in a couple of old friends namely Circles and Concentric Circles. Florals are courtesy of the gorgeous Flower Set which we looked at a few weeks back.
I chose a few shades of green card which I cut into strips of varying lengths and widths. Next, I used the negative shape from the loop in the 'h' of the word 'hello' to cut four silver 'flames' before mounting each above the green strips. after die cutting the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from silver card I mounted the die-cuts over the strips before placing a decorative adhesive gem onto each of the flames.
No fancy techniques involved today just bold graphic statements. Sometimes it's good to let the die-cuts speak for themselves, I hope you agree?
Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon.