Shaped Cards With Scalloped Circles
Hello everyone ! Jasleen here with a new post for today !
Do you like fun shaped cards? If yes, then today's post is for you.
And the fun part is that these were made using just one die set- Sizzix Framelits -Circles, scallop.
And making them is super easy. Check out the step-by step making process I have shared below, but before that, the products I used are :-
White cardstock-Iris Sg, Patterned paper-Lawn Fawn, MS score board with bone folder, White ribbon, Adhesive, pearls, tacky tape, buttons, sentiment stamps, watercolours.
- For making one card, I obtained two die cuts of the largest circle from the set and four die cuts from the smallest one, using a white card stock.
- Mark and cut off a quarter of the circle from both the larger die cuts , as shown in the picture)
- Score a small area of the larger die cut at one side( as shown in the picture 3) and crease it nicely with the help of a bone folder. This tiny folded area is where we would be adhering the other larger piece with the help of a tacky tape(shown in pic 4).
- And that would give us a shaped folded card, which now looks something like you see in the picture below.
- Now we need to decorate our baby carriage, and for that, I used a 4.5 by 2.5 inches patterned paper to make an accordion shape as shown in the pictures below.
- Then I embellished the card by adding the wheels, buttons,pearls , ribbon, stamped the sentiment on the outside as well as on the inside of the card and finally added some more colour using water colours.
I made two of these, a girl version and a boy version.
That's all ! I hope you liked my simple yet creative idea to get the best out of circle dies. I made these as congratulatory cards but I think these cute little cards would be great as baby shower invites as well !
Will be back next week with a new make.
Until then, happy crafting !