Scrapbook Layout with squares
Hi everyone, Anna is here with a tutorial for a Scrapbook Layout with squares.
So keep reading to get some great scrapbook layout ideas, and get inspired for your next scrapbook page.
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (Limited Edition) (UK Version) (662965)
- Sizzix Accessory - Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies (656499)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours) (663007)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Squares (657565)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK - Tags (662838)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 18PK - Spring Time (662515)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Pocket Frame (662690)
- Patterned paper (Crate Paper, Jillibean soup, Toga)
- Glitter paper
- Sewing machine
In today's post I am going to show you my new scrapbook page.
I've learned a lot in the years I've loved this wonderful hobby: the scrapbooking. A patterned paper is a great way to mirror your photo's story. But in recent times I've started creating backgrounds with geometric shapes, like I did here.
I love the squares! My layout is all squares of the same size, that I cut out from more patterned papers using Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Squares.
I arranged the squares in a diagonal. The square pieces of my background look like staggered tiles!
Next, I selected my photo based on my vacation. I arranged my elements (photos, title, embellishments) on the background. Before I glue them down, I moved them around to make sure I like the placement.
For the embellishments I used for example the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 18PK - Spring Time.
Tip and tricks: when using the patterned papers as a background to your photos, remember this rule: mat your photo onto a solid paper so the colors and shapes in the photo don't compete with the colors and shapes on the background paper.
I give you a step-by-step tutorial how to put this background together: