Noel Christmas Card using Tim Holtz designs by Tattered Nest Designs
Hello, I'm Stacy and I'm back today with a Christmas Card featuring the Alphanumeric Classic Upper Thinlet Set. Nothing says Christmas more to me than a handmade item. By adding stitches to the letters, it really gave the card a handmade touch. I hope you enjoy the tutorial!
Sizzix Pine Branch
Sizzix Deck The Halls
Sizzix 3D Lumber Texture Fades Embossing Folder
Sizzix Stitched Circles
Alphanumeric Classic Upper Thinlet Set
Distress Watercolor Paper
Heat It Craft Tool
Distress Collage Matte Medium
Small Blending Tool
Old Paper Distress Spray Stain
Weathered Wood Distress Spray Stain
Crushed Olive Distress Oxide Spray
Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Spray
Black Soot Archival
Walnut Stain Distress Spray Stain
Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stain
Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Spray
Candied Apple Distress Paint
Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Picket Fence Distress Paint
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Perfect Plaids CMS383
Kraft Stock Paper
Needle and Red Thread
1) Spritz a piece of Distress Watercolor Paper with water then spritz on Old Paper & Weathered Wood Distress Spray Stains, dry with heat tool. Spritz with Crushed Olive and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Sprays, spritz with water and dry with heat tool.
2) Randomly stamp partial areas of the Perfect Plaids Background Stamp onto paper with Black Soot Archival Ink.
3) Cut out holly leaves and layers using the Deck The Halls Thinlet Set and pine branches from the Pine Branch Thinlet Set.
4) Adhere holly layers together to create leaves with Distress Collage Matte Medium.
5) Emboss a piece of Distress Watercolor Paper with the 3D Lumber Texture Fade.
6) Color paper by spraying paper with water and then spray on Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stains, then dry with a heat tool. Spray with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Spray and dry with heat tool. With your finger, rub a small amount of Candied Apple Distress Paint onto paper and dry with a heat tool. Blend Gathered Twigs Distress Ink onto paper with a blending tool.
7) Blend a piece of Kraft Stock Paper with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and a blending tool. Add Picket Fence Distress Paint to a Craft or Media Mat and dip Splatter Brush into paint. Splatter the paint onto the kraft stock and dry with a heat tool.
8) Cut the largest circle from the Sizzix Stitched Circle Thinlet Set and sand with a Sanding Grip. Blend Circle with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and a Blending Tool.
9) Stamp a piece of Distress Watercolor Scrap with the Lumberjack Wood Grain Background Stamp using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink then blend Antique Linen Distress Ink with a Blending Tool onto paper.
10) Cut the word NOEL using the Alphanumeric Classic Upper Thinlet Set.
11) Adhere the word NOEL to the circle with Distress Collage Matte Medium.
12) With a needle, punch small holes around letters for stitching.
13) Stitch into punched holes with red thread.
14 & 15) Messy stitch around the lumber embossed paper with a Sewing Machine.
16) Paint two idea-ology Tiny Bells with Candied Apple Distress Paint and dry with a Heat tool. Tie a bow with ribbon and attach bells to ribbon with Jump Rings.
17) Adhere all the pieces to a card base with pop-dots and adhesive and then give the card to someone special.
For more inspiration and project ideas, be sure to stop by my blog tatterednestdesigns.com