My Place - Mixed Media Canvas
Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing great!
Supplies from sizzix.co.uk:-
Canvas-8 by 8 inches, Acrylic paints and brushes, Kraft/brown wrapping paper, Pattern paper- Lawn fawn Polka dots, White gel pen, Multi medium matt gel, Prima Junkyard findings-‘My place’ sentiment metallic strip, Prima stencil-Bubbles, Ranger Texture Paste, Mulberry flowers.
Here’s the step-by-step process of making:-
- I started by painting the canvas using blue+white acrylic colours, which served as the sky background.
- Then, adhered some torn pieces of book and corrugated cardboard randomly on the canvas using multi medium matt gel.
- Applied some gesso here and there.
- Added some texture paste through the stencil over the area where the paper pieces were adhered.
- Then I splattered some yellow acrylic paint randomly over the canvas and blended it using a baby wipe.
- After I was happy with the background, I started to build the ‘tree’. The trunk and branches of the tree were made by tearing some strips from the brown paper and twisting them.(as shown in the picture above)
- These twisted paper strips were then bundled together and adhered with the help of multi medium matt gel. This made the trunk of the tree.
- The branches were made in a similar way, cutting the twisted paper to suitable sizes and shaping them accordingly.
- Now the fun part, embellished the tree using colourful heart die cuts from Sizzix Bigz- Heartfelt die.
- Added the scribbled heart die cut on the lower left hand side and the metallic sentiment strip ‘My place’.
- Finished off the canvas by adding the patterned paper ‘grass’, flowers, tiny beads, wooden ‘bicycle’ embellishment and the handwritten sentiment strips- Escape, dream, Live, Love.
Well, that’s about it.
I hope you enjoyed my today’s make as much as I enjoyed making it. :)
I’ll be back with something new next week. Thanks for stopping by.
Have a beautiful day!