Jingle All The Way
Hi There! It’s Jasleen posting today.
I’m sharing two Christmas-themed greeting card ideas using one beautiful Santa die from the new release. And, it’s never too early to start preparing for Christmas, isn’t it? ;)
White card stock-Iris sg, Black Card stock, textured- Local buy, distress inks, watercolours, sequins, pearls and glue.
Here’s the first card I made:-
- The Santa die contains 3 dies, which need to be assembled to form a Santa face. Assembling is very easy.
- I die cut several pieces of the word ‘Jingle’ from the Holiday words die set.
- Then, I adhered these words over the card base to create my card background as shown.
- Then, I sponged the distress inks(salty ocean, peacock feathers) starting from the bottom of the card extending halfway.
- I splattered some water and silver water colour paint over the card bas. This splattering gave a beautiful texture to the background, and it somewhat reminds me of snowfall.
- After this, I mounted the Santa face die cut over the base, added a few sequins here and there for some interest and finally added the handwritten sentiment strip.
And here’s the second card I made using the same Santa die, but in a different way :-
- As you can see, I used only the Santa ‘Hat’ from the main die cut piece.
- Making this one was very simple, I just splattered some silver and gold water colour paints over the card base. This was to impart a ‘glow’ behind the Santa’s hat, something that suggests-Magic !! ;) The messge this card sends out is to never stop believing in magic, miracles and of course, Santa, the one who symbolizes all good things coming our way.
So, that’s about it. One die. Two cards.
Which one did you like more? Would love to know.
Will come up with many more Christmas ideas in my upcoming posts. Till then, have a lovely week !