Idea for Upcycling Tin Can for Spring
Hello, everyone! Anna is here.
Are you a crafter that loves to create something different with your dies, and loves upcycling projects? Learn how you can create this stunning gift box, a perfect project for any Spring occasion: Idea for Upcycling Tin Can for Spring.
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (Limited Edition) (Blush) (663700)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun (662301)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Accessories (663005)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Stand (662302)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Sticks, Clear, 12PK (662354)
- Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Pastels) (663022)
- Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Bold) (663008)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours) (663007)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles (656333)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles (657551)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Best Bunnies (663305)
- tin can
- acrylic paint
- patterned paper
- spring tag
There are many things that we toss off without knowing that they can be reused with a better purpose. For example the tin cans. I'm Italian so I use a lot of tin cans with tomato pulp to make the sauce for my pasta!
There are a variety of cool ways to reuse those tin cans to create some adorable gift box, pensil holder or DIY home decor.
So do have a look at this a creative way to reuse tin can for spring.
I turned old tins into prettily containers with Big Shot and decorative dies. You’ll even make handled lids to keep contents safe. They’re perfect for Easter gifts, but also for stashing craft room essentials and pensil holder.
For the lid: cut out three circles from cardstock and a circle slightly smaller from cardboard. This piece should fit inside the tin. The smaller circle should be centered inside the bigger one.
The knob on top: a wooden bead!
For the tin can: Cut your pretty paper at the size of your tin and glue it on there. Embellish it with a pretty felt bunny, that you have cut out from felt using Sizzix Bigz Die - Best Bunnies.
Now you can put the lid on your tin and your new pretty upcycled tin is ready to use!
To see how all of this is done, you can follow my step by step tutorial.
Don’t you love this cute recycling project?