How to make a Woodland Wreath
Hello there... I hope you have had a good weekend. It always goes so fast!
Today I am sharing a home décor project with you, which features a woodland theme.
This is such a simple, yet vey effective project. It is great for using up those 12" papers and also adding some fun to your home.
If you were watching my Sizzix shows on Hochanda this weekend you will recognise these gorgeous new papers from Sizzix! This is the Fox Tales range and I have to say I think this one is my favourite.
1. Chosose 5 designs and trim 8 x 1" x12" strips from each design.
2. Using a wet glue start placing the strips the whole way around the wreath, they will need to slightly overlap so that there are no gaps.
3. Once the glue is dried, trim each strip into a pennant shape.
4. Die-cut and piece together the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Card, Fox Label Fold-a-Long and the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Card, Owl Label Fold-a-Long. Use wet glue to stick the layers down as in this instance we do not need the cards to open. Decorate with twine and a brad.
5. Using a hot glue gun adhere the fox and owl onto the wreath.
I have used this project many times to decorate the house for various occasions. I really like the effect it gives.
It is a good way to show that although the Fox & Owl are made to be shaped cards they also work perfectly for home decor.
I hope you like the project.
Until next week ...