How to make a Travel Mini album
Hello, everyone! This is Anna.
Today I want to share with all of you one of my favourite ways to make a mini album. I think Sizzix dies are one of the best choices to customize our mini albums.
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit (White & Gray) with My Life Handmade Cardstock & Fabric (661546)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours) (663007)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Essential Tags (662578)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Pretty Posey (662576)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 8PK - Winter Foliage (662571)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles (657551)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 13PK - Pretty Wreath (662575)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK – Whoosh! (662582)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Sentiments (662668)
- Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Alphabet (662967)
- Patterned paper (Crate Paper, Moda Scrap, Kaisercraft)
- Stickers and Die cuts (Toga)
- Distress Oxide
- Ink pad
Here is a new mini album with Sizzix dies. This project reminds us the not-so-far-away holidays and travel memories. A travel mini album with loads of room for the highlights of your special holiday.
The pages size are approximately 20x20 cm. This format allows me to insert standard photo sizes (10x15), without having to decide the size of the photos for printing.
The binding is made with a spiral, but you can use rings just as well.
I was dying to use more dies of Chapter 3 for a mini album.
To embellish the cover I used one of my favorite Sizzix die which is the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Pretty Posey with Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 8PK - Winter Foliage and Sizzix Bigz Die - Essential Tags .
I had fun cutting into pages using Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles and Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK – Whoosh! , to create pretty openings. If you make a mini album 20x20cm (as mine), you will need the larger size Big Shot machine, the Big Shot Plus, to cut out these windows on your pages. The paper scraps will be used on pages for sure as embellishments.
Also, I used the Sizzix dies here and there as finishing touches either to add some text or to decorate with shapes.
For example, in the one of inside pages, I cutted out the "&" using my Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Alphabet. The letter is cut in golden glitter cardstock then glued on a kraft tag that I cut out using again Bigz Die - Essential Tags. Great effect guaranteed!
I hope this mini album inspires you to create beautiful travel or autumn memories!
I created this step-by-step tutorial to give a fast guide to make this.