How to embellish a cotton Tote Bag with whales
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (Limited Edition) (UK Version) (662965)
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Whale (662553)
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces (663011)
- Sizzix Accessory - Adhesive Iron-On Sheet (663009)
- Cotton Tote Bag
- Fabric markers
Hello! This is Anna.
This last week I was able to play with some fabrics from Making Essentials by Sizzix.
So today I'm sharing an idea to give a personal touch to the simply cotton tote bag, with a pretty personalized fabric applique.
Dressing up a blank tote is a simple and fun to make an ordinary bag into something special.
This tote is embellished with three cute whales. Perfect for summer!
This step by step guide will show you how to make appliques by hand and how to apply them to your tote bag without sewing machine.
How to make an applique using the Sizzix Accessory - Adhesive Iron-On Sheet:
- Place the Adhesive Iron-On Sheet piece onto the reverse side of the fabric, then fuse for a few seconds with a dry iron.
- Die-cut the applique piece using Big Shot and Bigz die. I used the Sizzix Bigz L Die – Whale to cut out three big whales.
- Peel off paper backing, then position applique pieces on project (webbing side down).
- When happy with the arrangement, fuse in place with an iron.