How To Create a Christmas Hanging Wreath
Hey everyone, it's Anna here with you again for my weekly Monday blog post.
In this tutorial I show you how to create a Christmas Hanging Wreath using a beautiful Sizzix die and Big Shot Plus.
You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit (White & Gray) with My Life Handmade Cardstock & Fabric (661546)
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Hanging Wreath (662972)
- Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Bold) (663008)
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces (663011)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun (662301)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Sticks, Clear, 12PK (662354)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Stand (662302)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Accessories (663005)
- Snowflake sequin
This wreath (20 cm in diameter) makes a great Christmas gift or makes a great holiday decor in your home!
It’s one of my favorite Christmas wreaths to date, and it’s pretty simple to make. The only part that takes a while is wrapping the strip of fabric around the wreath form of carboard, but it does not take long.
I used just the Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Hanging Wreath. It's a Bigz Plus die which requires the Big Shot Plus machine.
Use Bigz Plus Die to cut out different shapes from different materials: 2x wreath form carboard, 4x flowers from red felt, 2x from white felt, 3x green felt, a grey bow and hang.
Wrap the strip of fabric (I used the Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces) around the wreath form until it is totally covered. Now comes the fun part…decorating!
I like to make felt flowers! I used Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Bold) and the same die.
Now just arrange the flowers and leaves onto the wreath until you like how it looks, then hot glue everything in place.
I made my wreath with white and grey fabric and red and white felt poinsettias, but you could change the colours.
Hang your Christmas wreath and enjoy! If you’re like me, you’ll go crazy and start making them for every occasion of the year!
Did you like this project? Why not pin it and save for later? it will be there for when you need it!
Until next time, happy crafting!