Highstreet vs. Sizzix
Hi everyone, Leanne here with another High Street Vs. Sizzix project for you. I'm on a role! This week, why not make a pair of these charming woodland fox trousers for your little cub? Taking inspiration from Jojo Maman Bebe's fox range, you can create these simple applique knee patches using our Sizzix Bigz Fox#2 Die and some iron-on fusible web. Enjoy!
DIY Fox Trousers
You will need
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Fox#2 (660774)
- Red trousers
- Red/cream/grey/white fabric
- Iron-on fusible web
- Fabric glue
- Embroidery Needle
- Black embroidery thread
- Fabric scissors
- Medium weight card
- Begin by backing the red and cream fabric with iron-on fusible web following manufacturers instructions.
- You will need to die-cut 2 red fox heads and 2 cream. When cutting, ensure that the fabric is face down on the die and that you overlay a piece of card. This will apply slightly more pressure so that the embossing plates will indent the fabric as shown.
- Cut away any excess from the head shape.
- Carefully cut out eye and ear areas from both cream pieces and position in place on the red.
- Peel off backing and iron to stick.
- Die-cut 4 white eyes and 2 grey noses, using the die, then lightly glue into place.
- Peel backing from red fabric and sew on each eye with a French knot (see image).
- Lay both finished fox faces onto trousers knees and iron to stick.