With the festive period over, it is now time to start thinking about the next holiday... and of course, it is none other than Valentine's Day! Valentine's Day is a great excuse to show the people in our lives how much they mean to us, whether that's a significant other or just an amazing friend, and what better way to show your love and appreciation than with a handmade heart card!
To create the Handmade Heart Card, you will need...
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine Only (White & Gray) w/Standard Platform (660200) or Sizzix® Big Shot® Express Machine Only (White & Gray) (660850) or Sizzix® Big Shot® Foldaway Machine Only (White & Gray) (662220).
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 9PK - Floral Geo Heart Frame
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 11PK - Mini Love Birds
- Sizzix® Surfacez™ - Cardstock, 8-1/4” x 11-3/4, 20 Colors, 80 sheets
- Sizzix® Surfacez™ - The Opulent Cardstock Pack, Rose Gold, 50PK
- Sizzix® Surfacez™ - 10 Festive Colored Cardstock, 60PK
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Biodegradable Fine Glitter, Hibiscus, 12g
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Embossing Ink Pad, Clear
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Embossing Powder, Kettle Copper, 12g
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Funnel Tray
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller
- Sizzix® Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed
- Sizzix® Tool - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix® Making tool - Scissors, Small
- Hole Punch
- Paper Trimmer
- White Cardstock
Step 1: Fold a piece of white cardstock in the size of 5.5" x 11" (14cm x 28cm) in half to create a 5.5" x 5.5" (14cm x 14cm) card base.
Step 2: Apply a Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to the back of a piece of Cherry Blossom Cardstock and die cut the geometric heart from it.
Step 3: Press the geometric outline of the heart into the clear embossing ink pad, making sure the whole front side of the die cut is saturated.
Step 4: Sprinkle the Kettle Copper Embossing Powder over the geometric heart die cut.
Step 5: Apply heat using the Sizzix Heat Tool until the Embossing Powder sets.
Step 6: Repeat this step three times to create a full, even cover of the embossing powder that will give an enamelled look to the heart.
Step 7: Adhere the heart to the front of your card base by peeling off the Adhesive Sheet backing and using Sizzix Express Glue where extra is needed.
Step 8: Take the Inner Heart Die Cut from Step 2 and create holes in either side using a Hole Punch.
Step 9: Next loop Ribbon through the holes on either side.
10: Apply Foam Tape to the back of the heart and adhere it to the from of the card inside the geometric heart.
11: Wrap the remaining Ribbon around either side of the card, secure it in place with Express Glue and trim off any excess. Make sure you adhere the two pieces of ribbon away from each other to create a 'V shape' effect on the front of the card.
Step 12: Die cut all of the foliage elements from Rose Gold Mirror Cardstock and all of the flower elements from a mixture of red and pink Cardstock colors.
Step 13: Sculpt all of the die cut pieces using the Paper Sculpting Kit.
Step 14: Layer and adhere the foliage and flower elements along the bottom corner of the heart using glue.
Step 15: Die cut the 'Love' sentiment using the Mini Love Birds Die Set, making sure to apply a layer of Adhesive Sheet to the front of the Cardstock before cutting.
Step 16: Remove the adhesive layer and sprinkle Hibiscus Glitter over the die cut sentiment.
Step 17: Adhere the sentiment to the centre of the heart using Express Glue.
Step 18: Add dots of Express Glue to the centre of the flowers and sprinkle Glitter over the glue to create glitter flower centres.
Step 19: Add extra flowers and foliage to the top corner if you feel like it is needed.
Thank you so much for reading and following along with the Handmade Heart Card blog today, I can't wait to see all of your Valentine's makes over the coming weeks so please share them across our Sizzix social media platforms using the hashtag #mymakingstory.
Also, don't forget to use my Discount code JESS20 if you want to get your hands on any of the products I have used for this Valentine's card make!