Halloween Night with Trick or Treater
Hi friends! I'm so happy to be back on the Sizzix blog today sharing a card I created using the new Trick or Treater die. Trick or treating for me as a child was one of the funnest nights of the year and I love to create scenes with dies. You will love these adorable little trick or treater dies because there are endless possibilities of what type of character you can create.
You will need:
Tim Holtz Woodgrain Cardstock
Tim Holtz Abandoned Paper Stash
Tim Holtz Classic Kraft Stock Cardstock
Distress Paint - Black Soot
Distress Crayon - Vintage Photo
Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, Black Soot, Gathered Twigs
Distress Spray Stain - Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans
Distress Oxide Spray - Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans
Ink Blending Tools
Creating Die Cut Pieces for the Card:
- Cut the Branced Birch die out of Tim Holtz Woodgrain Cardstock
- Using a Q-tip, apply Vintage Photo Distress Crayon to the right side of the tree branches.
- Apply a bit of Black Soot Distress Paint to a craft mat and spritz with water. Using a splatter brush, mix paint and water together and splatter the paint by flicking the bristles over the trees.
- Decide what colors of Kraft Stock you want to use for the pumpkin, skull, treat basket and trick or treat character and sand each piece of cardstock with a sanding tool.
- Cut out all the pieces and ink all the edges of each piece with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using a mini ink blending tool.
- Glue the pieces together.
- Spray Scattered Straw Oxide Spray onto a piece of mixed media paper and dry with a heat tool. As you are drying the paper, spritz with a bit of water. Before adding another layer, make sure it's completely dry. Now you can add another layer, if you wish, by continuing this process until you are pleased with the outcome.
- For the second layer, spray on Scattered Straw Distress Spray Stain and dry with heat tool. As you are drying the paper, spritz with a bit of water. Before adding another layer, make sure it's completely dry. Now you can add another layer, if you wish, by continuing this process until you are pleased with the outcome.
- Cut out a circle for the moon with the Stacked Circle die and ink the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink using a mini ink blending tool.
Creating the Background:
- Cut a 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) piece of mixed media paper and spray with Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Oxide Sprays. Spritz a little water onto the paper and completely dry with a heat tool.
- Next, repeat this same process with Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Oxides. Dry completely with a heat tool before moving on to the next step.
- When the paper is completely dry, spritz on a bit of Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Spray Stain onto the paper. Spritz with a bit of water and completely dry with a heat tool.
- For the last layer do the same as in Step 3 with Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress Spray Stain.
To complete the card, ink the bottom of the tree branches with Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Adhere the moon behind the trees and adhere the whole piece onto the distress spray and oxide background. Tuck a couple sets of eyes within the trees for a fun yet creepy effect. Adhere the trick or treat character, pumpkin, skull and treat bag to the panel and adhere the whole thing to a piece of black cardstock.