DIY sleeping mask
This has got to be one of my favourite makes! If you're like me and have trouble sleeping during them summer nights then this sleeping mask is perfect for you.
To create this sleeping mask I have used the colours, mint and coral. These two colour combination really work well together.
what will you need-
- Fabric- sizzix pattern fabric, mint cotton fabric, Sizzix felt
- Bigshot machine
- Needle & thread
- Die- Sizzix bigz xl alphabet die society
- Sewing machine
Follow my guide below to make your own sleeping mask..
- Cut 2x cotton fabric to the size you require. Then cut a slightly smaller size out of felt, this will act as padding for your sleeping mask. Measure 30cm by 2.5cm of cotton fabric, you will need 2x pieces.
- You will then need to back cotton with iron on adhesive. Cut the letter elements out using the big shot machine.
- Creating the sleeping mask strap:
Place one of the cotton pieces of fabric on top of another and straight stitch either side, make sure both ends are open. Turn inside out. Using a safety pin clip onto the elastic strip and thread through inside of the cotton strap.
- Place the strap onto the back of the sleeping mask front cover, secure with pins and straight stitch either side.
- Place the felt on top of the patterned fabric and then the mint fabric, pin into place and straight stitch all the way around leaving a small opening to turn inside out. Slip stitch the opening.
- Happy sleeping!