DIY fabric wrapping
DIY fabric wrapping!
Wrapping gifts with fabric is a big trend at the moment which I am loving! This technique is Japanese and is called ‘Furoshiki’, which is basically a fancy word for ‘wrapping in cloth’. I also like this technique because its eco-friendly, you can use re-use the material and create something else.
Here’s the simple technique on how to ‘Furoshiki’…
Tools & materials-
- Big shot
- Sizzix glue gun
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Garden Greens, 659536
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers w/Heart Petals 658053
- Sizzix fabric
- Start by placing your gift in the centre of the material.
- Take the top corner and fold over neatly, then repeat with the bottom corner.
- When you have done that gather the other two corners and tie twice. Tuck any bits of material in.
- After you have wrapped your gift with the material, begin to create your flower from the ‘Flower Layers w/Heart Petals’ & ‘Garden Greens’ Dies.
- Once you have created your flower, using your Sizzix glue gun, glue down the flower onto the top of your gift.