DIY Christmas tree decoration
I have made some really cool mix media decorations for my Christmas tree. My theme for Christmas this year is crisp and clear, by this I mean most of my decorations are white, light blue, and silver. when creating my Christmas tree decorations I really wanted to create something that reflected my Christmas colour theme. These decorations would also make a great gift for someone special.
Follow my how to guide below and create your own. Be creative and make these personal to you by using different colours to suit your Christmas colour theme...
What you will need-
- Die- circle Thinlit 662543, pattern repeat 663869, geo Christmas 664202
- Big shot machine 660200
- Ink- faded jeans
- Spray on photo mount
- White paint
- Mount board
- Hole punch
- Wooden bead
- White string
- Multi tool 662880
- Modelling paste
- Die cut 3x circles out of mount board.
2.Die cut intricate designs out of Sizzix card.
3. Spray mount the intricate card design onto the circle, apply pressure to make sure this is tuck down. The intricate die cut out of card will act as a stencil.
4. Using modelling paste, spread this over the top of the design. Once applied peel back the intricate design. Leave the modelling paste to dry fully.
5. Apply white paint on top of the modelling paste.
6. Using the multi tool with the sponge applicator carefully apply ink over the top. Make sure not to apply allot of pressure. Inking this will pick up the detail.
7. Finally hole punch and add white string through. I have added a wooden bead to this to give a scandi look and feel.