Deck the Halls Christmas Card using Tim Holtz designs - by Daydreams in Paper
Hi friends, it’s Cathie. I think of beautiful greenery during the Christmas season and how it’s displayed everywhere at this time of year. It’s festive and fun and evokes a cheerful spirit. That was the main inspiration behind this card, to create something both classic and timeless for the holidays.
Supply List for Deck the Halls Christmas Card
Sizzix Tim Holtz Deck the Halls Thinlits Die Set
Sizzix Tim Holtz Christmas Ribbon Thinlits Die Set
Sizzix Tim Holtz Winter Wonderland Thinlits Die Set
Tim Holtz Idea-ology 8x8 Mini Christmas Paperie
Tim Holtz Classic Kraft Stock Paper
Heavyweight Black Cardstock
Heavyweight White Cardstock
Mixed Media Paper
Piece of Acetate
White Embossing Paste
Distress Ink: Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss and Black Soot
Mini Ink Blending Tool
Medium Sanding Paper
Instructions for Deck the Halls Christmas Card
- Cut the Snowfall die from the Tim Holtz Winter Wonderland die set out of acetate to create a stencil.
- Lay the stencil on the top half of a 5” x 7” piece of white cardstock and stencil the image onto the cardstock with white embossing paste. You will have to repeat this process a few times to cover the entire upper half of the cardstock.
- Set aside to dry.
- Ink three pieces of mixed media paper with Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress Ink using a mini ink blending tool.
- Spritz each piece of the inked mixed media paper with water using a Distress Sprayer.
- Cut out several sets of leaves from the Tim Holtz Deck the Halls die set out of each of the three colors. Match up the leaf base with its coordinating half leaf and leaf veins as shown in the photo.
- Attach the matching three pieces of each leaf together.
- Ink the edges of the leaf with Black Soot Distress Ink.
- Cut all the pieces of the bow from the Tim Holtz Deck the Halls die set out of Tim Holtz sanded pieces of Classic Kraft Stock Paperie. Attach all the pieces together to create the bow.
- Ink the edges of the bow with Black Soot Distress Ink.
- Cut two sets of berries out of Tim Holtz Classic Kraft Stock Paperie along with their stems and shade pieces from sanded pieces of Classic Kraft Stock Paperie.
- Cut all of the pieces for both sizes of pine cones from the Deck the Halls die set out of sanded pieces of Classic Kraft Stock Paperie.
- Gather all the pieces together and assemble the card.