Craft Month Magic!
For craft month at Sizzix, we wanted to bring you inspiration for your beautiful projects this month! Sizzix designer Alexis has made a wonderful blog with a step by step guide for an amazing display!
National Craft Month always makes me nostalgic, especially as I reflect upon where my love of crafting first began. It almost always leads me back to scrapbooking and my love of capturing memories and storytelling in an artistic fashion.
Scrapbooking is the perfect way to use a variety of inspirational ideas, whether it’s implementing techniques with mixed media, exploring creative design layouts or finding a way to blend die sets that you would never think to use together.
In honor of National Craft Month, I wanted to share with you all today a layout I created featuring some of my favorite new products and dies from our Chapter 1 release.
What you will need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 16PK - Hello Spring (665091)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 10 PK - Floral Crescent Moon Frame (665080)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 12 PK - Flowers w/ Envelope (665078)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 8PK - Rainbow Magic (665087)
- Sizzix™ Accessory – Multi-Tool Starter Kit (662875)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential – Adhesive Sheets, 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets (656802)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential – Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential – Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential – Sequins & Beads, Lavender Dust, 5PK (664605)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential – Sequins & Beads, Primrose, 5PK (664601)
- Sizzix™ Multi-Tool Accessory – Blending Tool Head w/Replacement Sponge (662880)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ – Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ – The Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", Gold, 50 Sheets (664532)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ – The Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", Ivory, 50 Sheets (664535)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ – Patterned Paper, 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", Color Story, 80 Sheets (665275)
- Cardstock (White)
- Distress® Ink Pads (Salty Ocean, Scattered Straw, Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick)
- Paper Trimmer
How to make:
Step One: Die-cut out of Banana Blast, Cherry Blossom, Lavender Dust, Primrose and Purple Dusk cardstock and matching patterned paper colors a variety of flowers and foliage elements from the Floral Crescent Moon Frame, Flowers w/Envelope and Hello Spring die sets.
Step Two: Die-cut out of ivory glitter Opulent cardstock two small clouds and two large clouds, out of Mango Tango cardstock two suns and out of adhesive-backed brushed metal gold Opulent cardstock three 'Have A Magical Time" sentiments from the Rainbow Magic die set. Stack and adhere the three sentiments together to form a dimensional sentiment phrase.
Step Three: Cut a 6 x 6 panel of white cardstock. Cut a desired patterned paper panel from the five colors selected in Step 1. Arrange the patterned papers in a fanned-out rainbow pattern on top of the white panel and adhere into place with liquid adhesive. Arrange the crescent moon die from the Floral Crescent Moon Frame die set in a desired positioning on top of the patterned paper and die-cut the crescent moon from the patterned papers.
Step Four: Cut a 6 x 6 panel of ivory glitter Opulent cardstock and adhere an adhesive sheet to the back of the cardstock. Die-cut from the glitter cardstock the crescent moon from the Floral Crescent Moon Frame die set.
Step Five: Add shading to each of the cardstock and patterned paper die cut flowers and foliage elements, by blending ink to the edges of all die cut pieces with the Blending Tool Head. On the Cherry Blossom elements Tattered Rose Distress ink was used, on the Primrose elements Worn Lipstick, on the Banana Blast elements Scattered Straw, on the Lavender Dust elements Shaded Lilac and on the Purple Dusk elements Seedless Preserves.
Step Six: On a smooth piece of white 12x12 cardstock, arrange a picture of choice and the patterned crescent moon in a desired position in the top, right-hand corner. Before adhering the picture and moon into place, add Salty Ocean Distress ink in a radial pattern moving away from the crescent moon with the Blending Tool. Then adhere the picture and patterned moon into place with liquid adhesive. Removing the protective backing from the ivory glitter crescent moon and adhere it into place around the patterned moon.
Step Seven: Arrange and adhere the ivory glitter clouds, Mango Tango suns and stacked gold sentiment below the picture on the scrapbook page, using foam tape behind desired die cut elements to create dimension. Arrange the die cut flower and foliage elements along the perimeter of patterned crescent moon, aligning the same colors and patterned die-cuts with their matching color on the patterned moon. Stack and layer elements as desired to create groupings and adhere them all into place with liquid adhesive or foam tape.
Step Eight: Once all flower and foliage elements are arranged and adhered into a desired pattern around the patterned moon, adhere sequins of choice to the tops and around the Lavender Dust and Primrose flowers with matching sequin colors. Add additional flowers from all color ways to the top, right-hand corner of the photo to finish off the scrapbook page.
I hope you have been inspired by this layout, I certainly loved using florals in a unique wreath shape! What I think is great about this layout as well is that I could easily change out the colors of the chosen patterned papers and cardstock to align with any holiday or season. Being able to create with versatile die shapes is always a bonus in my book!
Share your makes with us using the hashtag #mymakingstory.
I would love to hear what everyone else is creating in honor of Craft Month, let me know in the comments!