Clean and Simple Floral Card
This is Jasleen here today. I recently received my Chapter 2 dies and they are all just amazing. For today, I decided to use the beautiful Sizzix Thinlits Mix and Match flowers die set by Lori Whitlock to make a clean and simple(CAS) card.
Supplies from sizzix.co.uk :-
Other supplies :-
Gray card stock-local buy
White card stock- Bielo
Water colour paper- Brustro
Distress inks- scattered straw, squeezed lemonade, salty ocean, peacock feathers, spun sugar, fired brick
Archival black ink
Sentiment stamp—Peek-a-boo stamp set- Lily Hope
Rhinestones and sequins.
- The Mix and match die set pack contains 10 dies which are of different shapes and sizes and can be used to make a variety of floral spray by layering them together. There are so many possibilities of coming up with different kinds of flowers. It’s a very versatile set and a must have if you love adding flowers to your craft projects.
- I wanted to make a clean and simple card, so I just used two floral dies and a leaf die from this set, layered the floral die cuts to get some simple flowers. I think they look beautiful. :)
- So for this card, I die cut two large flowers and four smaller ones, along with four leaves. Used water colour paper for making these flowers.
- Then I sponged them with distress inks (3) and splattered some water drops over them. It gives a beautiful texture to the coloured flowers.
- Before adhering the floral layers together, I curled the petals slightly with the help of a paint brush handle(4) or we can do this using our thumb and index finger as well. Curling my petals gave a lovely dimensional and fuller look to my flowers.(5)
- For my white card panel, I die cut the rectangular piece using the largest die from the Sizzix thinlits stitched rectangles die set, sponged its corner lightly using distress ink(peacock feathers), stamped the sentiment using Archival black ink(6,7) and mounted this panel over the textured gray card base.(8)
- Then, I adhered the flowers and leaves over the base, added the rhinestones and the sequins and it was ready(9,10).
I hope you enjoyed this post today.
See you again next Tuesday. Until then, have a lovely week. :)