I have made a really simple but cute cushion. Keeping my cushion colours neutral to fit in with my current décor. I have used cream and a dusty green colour with an added gold sparkle for that Christmassy feel.
Here’s how I made my Christmas Cushion…
Tools & materials-
- Big shot
- Fir tree Die 662585
- Material- Cream, Dusty Green, Gold Glitter
- 4x small Pom Poms
- 16 x 16 Cushion inner
- Needle and thread.
- measuring tape
- Measure out onto cream material 40.5cm by 40.5cm leaving 1cm around, begin to cut. Repeat this twice.
- Put the 2x cream 40.5cm by 40.5cm material together and pin to secure.
- Straight stitch around. make sure to leave a gap to put cushion inner inside.
- Once you have stitched around, iron so that all of the creases are out. Turn the cushion inside out and iron again.
- Cutting the elements to go onto the cushion. Before you do this make sure to back the material onto bondaweb- 2x Small Green Tree, 1x Large Green Tree, 3x Gold Star.
- Peel back the Bondaweb and iron down the Christmas tree onto the centre of the cushion cover (Tree- small, large, small), then add the Gold Glitter stars on top.
- Finish by sewing on Pom Poms onto the corner of the cushion cover. Invisible stitch the opening where the cushion inner went in.