Always Face Towards The Sunshine
Last week I was lucky enough to spend a beautiful weekend in Cornwall. We stayed in the most beautiful hotel. Each day the hotel would put a lovely quote onto a board and on the Saturday this as the quote.
"Always face towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you"
I really liked this quote so decided to get it down on a canvas.
White Acrylic Paint
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
- Take the plain hexagon canvas.
2. Die cut all of the required letters from mount board. Any colour will do as it will be covered with acrylic paint.
3. Get all at the words in place and ensure they are straight and you are happy with the positioning. Glue them in place. Leave to dry.
4. Paint over the whole of the canvas using white acrylic paint. Use a small brush to get in between the letters. Allow to dry and give a second coat. Allow to dry.
5. Stand the canvas up and spray with ink, dry one colour before adding the next. Allow each colour to run so that it gets between the words.
6. Take the building wax and rub over each letter until you are happy they stand out enough.
Most of you will know that naturally my style is very clean and simple. In fact when I started this canvas it was going to stay white but I had a sudden urge to add ink (and who am I to argue with the creative part of my brain).
I wanted something a little bit different but I wanted the quote to be the main focal point.
Quotes are funny thing, they can really stop and make us think.
Do you have a favourite quote?
Until next week ...