15 Minute Make - Felt Christmas Cookie Ornaments
It's Lauren here from Molly and Mama and today I'm showing you a really quick and easy way to make some adorable felt Christmas Cookie Ornaments. These make the cutest play food for little ones. Or you can add some hanging loops to make beautiful tree ornaments. Here's how...
To Make One Cookie You Will Need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Plus Machine Only (660020)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ L Die - Circles, 2", 3" & 4" (659845)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Christmas Tree, Ornament, Snowflake & Stocking (A10599)
- Two 3 1/2" (9cm) squares of coloured wool felt
- 2 1/2" (6.5cm) square of white glitter felt
- 2 1/2" (6.5cm) square of fusible heat bonding web for applique OR applique glue
- Small handful of polyester hobby fill
- White DMC floss
- Embroidery needle
- Press cloth
NOTE: When ironing wool felt, use a press cloth (or scrap of cotton fabric) to cover and protect it.
1. Iron the fusible heat bonding web to the back of the white square of glitter felt.
2. Use the Christmas Shapes die to cut one snowflake from the glitter felt.
3. Remove the backing paper from the fusible webbing on the back of the snowflake.
4. Die-cut two 3" felt circles from the coloured felt using the Circles Die (choose one colour per cookie).
5. Iron the snowflake shape to the centre of one felt circle. Alternatively, use the appliqué glue to help secure the snowflake.
6. Place the second circle of felt behind the circle with the snowflake and pin or clip together. Using three strands of white DMC floss, stitch the felt circles together with a small running stitch. Be sure to sandwich the knot between the layers of felt.
7. Sew three quarters of the way around the circle, add a small amount of polyester hobby fill and continue to sew the circle closed.
Sew a whole collection of cookies in different colours. Then your cookies are ready for fun food play!
Or pile them up on a pretty plate to decorate the Christmas table!
You can also add a hanging loop to each cookie to make adorable Christmas tree ornaments too.
Be sure to check the rest of the blog for quick 15 minute makes! There's so much Christmas inspiration to be had.
Happy stitching, Lauren x