Quilted Bunny Pillow
Sophie started working for Ellison in February 2015. Since then, she has enjoyed developing her style and skills within the company, and most of all, has enjoyed seeing her initial sketches and designs become products. She studied Art and Design at Central Saint Martins and has a degree in Textiles Design from Manchester University. She has always been strongly inspired by current trends, illustrations, surface patterns, natural elements and travel. When she isn't at work, she's still continuing her love of design by producing hand-printed textiles and papers while finding time to draw and experiment in her sketchbook.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
For all our rabbit-lovers out there, this die with its versatile Bigz technology will open up a world of possibilities, from applique to decorations and stencilling, making quilted Bunny pillow.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Square, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Pink patterned fabric, Mint fabric, Yellow fabric, Dark blue fabric, Blue patterned fabric, White pom pom trim, Yellow thread, Sewing machine, Square cushion inner
- Cut out 21 squares in pink patterned fabric.
- Cut out 20 squares in mint fabric.
- Cut out 20 squares in blue patterned fabric.
- Cut out 20 squares in yellow fabric.
- Cut two rectangles of dark blue fabric, one two-thirds of the length of the cushion inner (same width), the other one measuring half the length of the cushion inner (same width).
- Hem one end of each of the two smaller cut outs.
- Arrange your squares in the pattern – pink, mint, blue, yellow in lines of 9.
- Together these should form a 9x9 square.
- Sew the squares together line by line, with a ¼” seam at each edge.
- Sew the lines together with a ¼” seam.
- Right side facing, sew feature stitching in yellow thread ¼” from each square edge, forming a chequered pattern.
- Pin the pom pom trim around the edges of the finished quilted square, with the pom poms facing inwards. Sew in place.
- Position the two dark blue rectangles on top of the cushion front, right sides together so the squares and pom poms are on the inside and the hemmed edges are on top.
- Pin all around the edges, joining the quilted piece with the pom pom trim and the two dark blue cut outs.
- Sew around the edges, removing pins as you go.
- Turn the cushion cover right side out and fill with the cushion inner.