This idea is so beautiful! Create a center piece to any gift using this 3-D wildflowers idea!
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Floral Tape, Floral Wire, Ribbon and Wooden Balls (size of your choice)
- Die-cut out of desired Sculpting Foam colors a number of flower petals from the 3-D Wildflowers Bigz Die. Die-cut enough flower petals to create three individual flowers. Die-cut out of a yellow Sculpting Foam a desired number of floral center piece elements. You will need enough to completely cover a wood ball in the center of each flower.
- Apply and blend out desired oil pastel colors on the various die cut petals and leaves to create realistic shading.
- Mold all leaves, petals and flower center pieces into desired organic shapes, either using fingers to shape the die cuts into a desired form or heating up the material with a Heat Tool to sculpt the material when it is softer.
- Adhere a wood ball to the top of a floral wire stem with the hot glue. Repeat for each flower stem and set all aside to cool down.
- Adhere the yellow flower center pieces around the wooden ball on each floral wire stem, alternating the die-cut pieces until the wood ball is completely covered.
- Around the base of the flower center begin to adhere the flower petals in a desired pattern, only applying a small amount of hot glue to the base of each petal so that the shape of the flower can remain organic. Repeat this process for each flower on the additional floral stems.
- Warm up the wax on a piece of floral tape by rubbing it between two fingers to activate the wax layer and create a tacky consistency. Apply the floral tape on the wire stem and begin to wrap it tightly around the length of the stem, stretching and pulling the tape in a circular motion down the entire stem.
- Wrap all three flower stems together with a ribbon or floral tape and attach the flower bunch to the top of a gift box with ribbon.