Bloom Colorize Card
How beautiful is the latest project showcasing the new Colorize die set?
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Craft Mat, Paper Trimmer, Plastic Spatula, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Vintage Photo), Scissors, Water Spritzer
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all chosen elements from the Bloom, Colorize die set. (Note: With Colorize die sets, there are suggested colors etched on the back of each die to assist with ease of assembly.) Additionally, for ease of assembly it is recommended to die cut the various elements from cardstock with adhesive sheets attached to the backside of the cardstock. Following the embossed lines, assemble each layer with tweezers until the final blooms and leaf elements are complete.
- Once all elements are assembled, create a distressed appearance on the leaves and blooms by blending Vintage Photo ink to the edges of each element with the Blending Tool. Additionally, apply the same ink directly to a craft mat and wet it with water. Then use a plastic spatula to pick up the wet ink and splatter it across the leaf elements as desired.
- On a piece of soft touch ivory Opulent cardstock, print the word ‘bloom’ in a desired font. The sentiment should be positioned near the bottom right of the card so that, when folded, this part of the sentiment is placed correctly. Cut the sheet of paper down to a desired card base size and fold in half to create the card base.
- On another sheet of soft touch ivory Opulent cardstock print the sentiment phrase ‘LET LOVE’ in another desired font. Trim a rectangle shape around the phrase to a desired size. Cut out of Green Tea cardstock a panel sized to fit around the phrase with a small border showing. Center and adhere the ivory sentiment to the Green Tea cardstock with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the die cut elements as desired around the printed sentiment on the card front, adhere the elements into place with liquid adhesive and foam tape where desired.
- Adhere the “LET LOVE” sentiment above the printed “bloom” sentiment where desired with foam tape.