How to make a Wildflower Stems Vintage Style Bottle
Perfect for Tim Holtz lovers! Upcycle a bottle with the wildflower stems #3 die set, create a bold bottle for your home décor designs.
Other Supplies: Acrylic Paint, Container for Painting, Glass Bottle, Gilding Wax (Bronze), Paintbrush, Scrap Paper, Wire (Black)
- Place some liquid adhesive in a container, then use a paintbrush to paint a cover over the entirety of the glass bottle and wait for it to dry.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock all of the flower shapes from the Wildflower Stems #3 die set.
- Adhere the die-cut elements to the sides of the glass bottle in a desired
- Paint the entire bottle black including the adhered wildflowers.
- When the paint has dried, apply bronze gilding wax to the whole surface of the bottle. Do this by dipping an index finger in the wax, taking the excess off on a piece of scrap paper. Then lightly apply the wax to the surface of the bottle. Remember to add a small amount of wax at a time in order to build to a desired appearance. The gilding wax will bring out all of the brush strokes from the liquid adhesive to produce an antique finish.
- Wrap black wire around the neck of the bottle to finish it off.