Creative Florals Shaker Card
A floral birthday card is already the perfect card make, but adding in our shaker dome to make it an interactive birthday card is the one.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer
- Cut an A6 panel of Arctic Sky cardstock. Fold in half to create card base. Cut a layering mat for the card front out of white cardstock, sized to leave a small trim of the card base visible around all four edges of the trimmed mat.
- Die-cut out of Banana Blast, Bluebell, Cherry Blossom, Mango Tango, Primrose, Sorbet cardstock a variety of desired floral elements from the Creative Florals die set. (Note be sure to cut at least one of the largest flower in the die set.) Additionally, from the same die set, die-cut out of Agave, Caramel Toffee, Green Tea and Lush Leaves cardstock a variety of leaves and leaf stems.
- To create lifelike dimension on the flower elements, paper sculpt the die cut petals with the gray molding mat and various stylus tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
- Layer the various floral and leaf elements as desired and adhere the die cuts together with liquid adhesive.
- Lay the largest flower in the center of the cut white panel. Center the smallest circle from the Circles die set in the center of the flower opening and remove the flower. Tape the circle down with a small piece of Maker’s Tape and run the panel through the machine to create an aperture for a Dimensional Dome.
- Place double-sided adhesive along the edges of the back side of the white panel. Place a dimensional dome through the back side of the die cut aperture and fill the dome with Limoncello sequins and beads. Remove the release backing on the domes adhesive ring. Hold the white panel up, with the dome in place, and align it with the front of the card base and adhere the panel in place.
- Adhere the large flower around the dimensional dome on the card front with liquid adhesive. Arrange and adhere the rest of the flower and leaf elements in place on the card front, working in a diagonal pattern going out on either side from the dome. To create depth select a few florals and adhere them to the card front with foam tape, the rest can be adhered with liquid adhesive.
- Stamp a sentiment of choice from the Celebration Phrases stamp set in the upper, right-side of the card front.
- Adhere small Limoncello sequins with liquid adhesive around the card front as desired.