Haunted Hills Frame
Few easy steps to help you create this spooky frame.
Other Supplies: Cardstock (White), Frame (Black, Square), Paper Trimmer, Pencil, Dye Ink Pads (Black, Green, Navy, Orange)
- Measure and cut two square panels of the same size out of white cardstock to fit into the aperture of the frame.
- Die-cut into the center of one of the white panels the circle Framelits die element from the Haunted Hills die set. This will act as a window for the scene to appear through.
- Place the two white panels together and use the die cut aperture to mark the full circle on the card beneath with pencil. This will act as a place holder to position the die cut elements that will be used to create the scene.
- Within the marked circle, use the Blending Tool to ink a navy and black night’s sky effect.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock the tree with pumpkins panel, out of light gray cardstock and dark gray cardstock the house with fences panel, out of white cardstock the gravestones panel and a variety of pumpkins from the Haunted Hills die set.
- With a pair of scissors, cut the roof elements from the dark gray house die cut and adhere them with liquid adhesive over the matching roof portions on the light gray house die cut.
- With the Blending Tool, ink the gravestones with black ink and the hill below the gravestones in green ink to create a grass effect. Blend green ink to the lawn portions on either side of the walkway in front of the house. Ink the white die cut pumpkins with an orange ink.
- Die-cut out of Limencello cardstock the small windows door entry on the house from the Haunted Hills die set to create the effect of a glowing light in all of the windows of the house. Adhere these die cut window and door entry elements behind the windows and front door of the house with liquid adhesive.
- Over the marked circle with the night sky effect, adhere the gravestones panel with foam tape. Then align and adhere the house with fence panel directly above the gravestones panel with liquid adhesive. Adhere the large tree with pumpkins panel on top of the house panel with foam tape. Adhere the inked pumpkin elements with liquid adhesive on their corresponding shapes on the tree panel.
- With foam tape, lay the front sheet of white card (with the circular aperture die cut into it) over the die cut scene. A few layers of foam tape may be needed to lift this layer high enough to be parallel with the base layer.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock a variety of large and small bats elements from the Haunted Hills die set and adhere them with liquid adhesive to the front panel of white cardstock as though they are flying out of the die cut scene and towards the corner of the frame. To create this effect, each bat should be stuck at a slightly different angle than its surrounding bats.