Zoo Friends Mobile
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Zoo Friends
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Sticks, Clear, 12PK
Other Supplies: Embroidery Thread (Gray), Liquid Adhesive, Wire, Wooden Dowels
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all the elements from the Zoo Friends die so that you have 4 of each element.
- Layer up the die-cuts to form the details of each animal, adhere as you go.
- Next adhere grey embroidery thread onto the back of 1 of each colored animal shape, making sure to leave enough thread to hang the shapes later.
- With the other remaining die-cuts, match them to their correct shape and color and adhere them to the back of the first die-cut to disguise the thread.
- Do the same with the hearts as you did with the animals, adhering the hearts back to back along the thread where you wish.
- To create the floating hearts which the elephants are holding, take your wire and sandwich a small piece in-between two hearts of the same shape and color.
- Take the other end of the wire and secure it between the 2 layers of the die-cut elephants trunk.
- Hot glue the two wooden dowels together in a ‘X’ shape.
- Finally, knot each thread to the wooden dowels, making sure to stagger the lengths of the threads and in doing so the height of the animals.