Romantic Layers Congrats Card
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Show someone how happy you are for them with this 'Congratulations' card project, it can be created for many different celebrations.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 7PK – Romantic Layers
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 45PK - Elle Lowercase
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 28PK – Elle Uppercase
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
- Sizzix Accessory - Sticky Grid Sheets, 6" x 8 1/2", 5 Pack
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Ivory), Acetate, Double-Sided Adhesive Tape (Strong Tack), Gold Paint Pen, Liquid Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Sequins
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel of blue cardstock. Fold the blue panel in half to create the card base. Cut two 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panels of green cardstock. Cut a 4" x 4" panel of acetate. Cut a 1" x 4 1/4" panel of ivory cardstock.
- Apply a Sticky Grid Sheet to a standard sized cutting pad. Starting from the top left corner, center and place the circle framelit from the Romantic Layers die set in the top two-thirds of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" space. Align the top left corner of one green panel with the top left corner of the Sticky Grid Sheet Die-cut, place the paper down on the grid and die-cut an aperture into the panel.
- Place a decorative wreath circle inside of the circle framelit on the Sticky Grid Sheet. Die-cut a decorative aperture into the second green panel.
- Cut a 6" x 6" panel of orange cardstock. Adhere an adhesive sheet to one side of the panel. Die-cut out of the adhesive-backed orange cardstock the phrase “Congrats” from the Elle Uppercase and Elle Lowercase die sets.
- Die-cut out of orange, pink and ivory cardstock a variety of flowers, confetti hearts and decorative circle wreaths.
- Cut away various flower elements from the die-cut decorative circle wreaths and adhere the flowers to their matching counterparts on the green decorative aperture with liquid adhesive.
- On the green panel with the circle aperture, run a gold paint pen along the outer edges of the panel and along the edge of the circle in the middle of the panel. On the ivory panel, run the paint pen around all outer edges.
- Adhere the ivory panel directly below the circle aperture with double-sided adhesive. On the back of the panel with the circle aperture, apply foam tape along all edges. Adhere the panel on top of the green panel with the decorative aperture. Adhere the square acetate panel to the backside of the decorative aperture with a strong tack double-sided tape. On the other side of the acetate, line the outer edges of with a strong tack double-sided tape. (*Be sure the tape completely covers the entire perimeter so that sequins and beads do not come out.)
- Determine where the shaker opening would align on the blue card base. Fill this space with sequins and the die-cut confetti. Adhere the stacked panels on top of the blue card base with double-sided tape.
- Layer and adhere three different flower bundles together from the die cuts in Step 5. Adhere the three stacked flowers as desired around the edge of the circle aperture with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the die cut sentiment “Congrats” to the center of the ivory panel.