Great Outdoors Frame
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Bring the outdoors indoors with our latest project featuring our chapter 2 dies.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 17PK – Great Outdoors
- Sizzix Making Essential - Maker's Tape, 2PK
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool
- Sizzix Accessory – Embossing Ink Pad (Clear)
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed
Other Supplies: Black Pen, Distress Inks (Blue and Green), Wooden Frame, White Acrylic Pen, Craft Mat, Spritzer, Glue
- Die-cut three trees and the tent using the Great Outdoors die set out of green cardstock.
- Use Maker’s tape to mask a straight line in the centre of a white square of cardstock.
- Ink this piece of cardstock up to the line with blue distress ink.
- Now mask a line, covering the edge of the blue distress ink, and ink with green distress ink to form the grass.
- Arrange the trees and tent, and then adhere in place using glue.
- Apply ink to a craft mat, spritz with water and then press a small square of white cardstock on top.
- Peel off to reveal an interesting texture and dry with Heat Tool.
- Die-cut a moon from the Great Outdoors die set using the textured paper.
- Glue the moon onto the inked night sky.
- Use an acrylic white pen to draw stars in the night sky.
- Use your embossing pen to write’ Home’ at the top of the artwork. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder, remove the excess and then heat set the powder with the Heat Tool until you get the desired embossed effect.
- Use your black pen to write ‘is where you pitch it’ at the bottom of the artwork. You can print this off if you are not confident handwriting it.
- Place the artwork in a square wooden frame.