Media Marks Card
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create a mixed media themed card with this chapter 2 die.
Themes: Decorative Elements
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Surfacez - The Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8" x 11 1/2", Rose Gold, 50 Sheets
- Sizzix Surfacez - The Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8" x 11 1/2", Silver, 50 Sheets
- Sizzix Surfacez - The Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8" x 11 1/2", Gold, 50 Sheets
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets
- Sizzix Accessory - Ink Pad & Acrylic Block
- Sizzix Accessory - Curved Fine-Tip Tweezers
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 11PK – Media Marks
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Kraft), Craft Mat, Ink Pads (Brown, Orange), Paper Trimmer, Stamp Sentiment, Stapler, Water Spritzer
- Cut a desired panel size of Earl Gray cardstock and fold in half to create a card base.
- Cut a desired rectangle panel size of ivory cardstock to act as a mat on the card front.
- Stamp a chosen sentiment on a piece of kraft cardstock. Cut off the excess cardstock around the phrase to a chosen size.
- Apply brown and orange inks directly to craft mat and spray the ink with a water sprizer. Lightly press the ivory cardstock panel into the wet ink to get a splattered effect. Set aside the panel to dry. Once dry, center and adhere the panel flush against the right-hand side of the card front with double-sided adhesive. For extra texture, staple parts of the panel to the card front.
- Cut a variety of rectangular panel shapes from brown and shades of gray cardstock. Die-cut various media elements from the Media Marks die set into portions of these panels. Die-cut out of silver Opulent cardstock the scribble mark, out of gold Opulent cardstock a scalloped squiggle and out of rose gold Opulent cardstock a looped squiggle and out of kraft cardstock the tiered, scalloped shape from the same die set.
- Layer and adhere the various rectangle panels and die cut media marks with tweezers as desired on top of the ivory panel, interchanging liquid adhesive and foam tape for adhering. For a textured effect, staple various elements on the card front.
- Attach the stamped sentiment to the card front where desired with a stapler.